Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 89 of 365: Day One

My goal is to not let my 365 Project get in the way of NaNoWriMo. In fact, my goal is to have my 365 Project boost my NaNoWriMo abilities. Essentially the jog around the block before running a marathon.


Meanwhile, I continue to do my literal marathon training, running for at least an hour every other day, slowly building up my strength, learning to handle running uphill when I'm exhausted out of my skull.


I know there are going to be times with NaNoWriMo where I feel like I'm going to be running uphill while exhausted. And the only thing on my mind will be quitting -- giving up, walking, maybe next year I can keep the pace. And the same way running around New Hampshire regardless of the weather is toughening me up to run any type of course, I hope that the last 88 days will be enough training to keep me going. I hope I've been writing enough every day that, when the time comes, I can dig deep, fall back on my training, and continue forward.


This post is ripe with weak metaphors and comparisons, but oh well. I've put my other writing projects on hold (which I need, since I think I'm sick of my second manuscript, but that's for another time), and I'm ready to do this. Time to write like a maniac. A grammatically correct maniac.

No comments:

Post a Comment