Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 88 of 365: I'm Grateful for What I'm Not Grateful For

(This comes from a link my best friend sent, about writing down all the things you're not grateful for, but should be. Things that we consider flaws or shortcomings; things that we wish we could change. The idea is to make a list like this every morning, until you realize that you should be grateful for you as an entire human being (not just the few traits you label "positive").


I'm grateful that my brain goes in a thousand directions at once.

I'm grateful that my lips get horribly chapped in the winter.

I'm grateful that I'm still trying to figure out how to assert myself when people are taking advantage of my docile nature.

I'm grateful that I'm still trying to learn how to breathe when I see red and all I want to do is hit a table and stomp away.

I'm grateful that I get distracted easily.

I'm grateful my index toe is longer than my big toe.

I'm grateful that my knees injure easily and that I must wear knee braces when running distances.

I'm grateful that my spine is slightly curved.

I'm grateful that I hunch through my lower back instead of through my upper back and shoulders like the average person does.

I'm grateful that I can't leave any blemish alone on my face without poking at it at least once.

I'm grateful that I tend to take everything in at once and get overwhelmed instead of itemizing the tasks at hand and tackling them one at a time.

I'm grateful that, to this day, I hate asking people for something, even if it's for extra cheese on my sandwich at Subway.

I'm grateful that I am still learning how to forgive myself when I make a mistake.

I'm grateful that I sometimes take for granted all the wonderful people who love me, focusing too much on those who wrong me or how others have failed me.

I'm grateful that it took me way too long to write this list because I kept doing things like checking Facebook or Gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment