Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 304 of 365: Hey Notice the Numbers?

So something happened in the last few days that I hadn't really paid attention to until now: I'm finally in the 300s with this project.


I guess that's what happens when you actually have things to write about. But here we are, so much into the final stretch that the first number is starting to look like the second.


I know I should save the full retrospection for the last entry, but I can't help but indulge a little bit: roughly this time last year (save for two months), I decided to kick my butt and do something about writing, combining one professor's assignment of a blog post a day for 90 days and the 365 projects that photographers do. It's been arduous (incredibly arduous) at times, especially when we first moved into the house and we had absolutely no internet -- or during NaNoWriMo, when there were some days where just the sheer thought of writing one more word drove me to exhaustion.


I'm happy that this is the year I decided to try this project. It's been a transformative year, to say the least: I was only two months out from leaving the teaching world, I had just moved into our very first house, and I was trying to figure out just WTF I was doing. I finally began teaching tai chi (after a year of goading by my own instructor), I had my first (e)book published, and I started yoga teacher training. Before this project is done, this blog will also document my anniversary trip to DC and my friend's wedding in NYC/Long Island. It should also document finishing training and possibly -- possibly -- a trip to Montreal (because, FFS, I am only a five-hour drive to the city) but that plan is as up in the air as the possibly teaching yoga to teachers, so we shall see.


So obviously this post is a bit of a cop-out, and I'm okay with that. With 61 more entries to go, I think I earned/deserve a freebie post or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment