Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 152 of 365: First Day of School

Author's Note: Remember that writing exercise I did, and how I was moved to write it because one of my own main characters affected me so deeply that I had to plagiarize an essay and write it from her perspective? That short story is not only finished, but up on Medium. Check it out if you have the time: https://medium.com/p/b6e17545a03a


Every time I've returned back to school -- be it after a co-op internship or when I took night courses -- I always would quote Billy Madison. "Back to school, back to school, hope I don't get in a fight." But that just seems a little silly when you are talking about yoga. Yoga students are probably the last type of people to get into fistfights at school. Unless you're talking about yoga students in LA/Hollywood, because cocaine is one helluva drug.


It's becoming painfully obvious that not only did I make a bad choice in never taking an anatomy class, I must've fallen asleep during ninth grade biology as well. Maybe even seventh grade natural science. Oh well. I'll chalk it up to the public education system and move on.


It really is crazy that this is finally happening. From a Pinterest board, pinning every international immersion program, to researching local classes, to finally this. I am in for a busy 8 months. On top of classes/homework, we have to attend various workshops independently (in order to get a more well-rounded education), which will eat what little time I have left.


This is an uncharted path in my life. It's a good thing I'm a fan of new, unexplored paths in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment