Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 154 of 365: For the Week Ahead

It's feel weird, not going to class today. It's crazy how quickly I fell into the routine of going to the studio to spend all day talking about alignment and anatomy and philosophy. On the plus side, it means that, if I ever do a month-long immersion program (for the off chance I train up to the 500-hour level RYT), I could probably handle going to school every single day for a full 6 or so weeks.


As much as I would enjoy taking the week to just process the classes (and get ready for the next set of homework), this week is going to be packed. I start my new tai chi classes this week in my new yoga studio. My schedule is only slightly different than the previous studio and I'm still teaching two classes a week. It's a different payment setup, but still one I am way more comfortable with than the other studio's setup (where you pay an absurd amount of rent for your allotted hours in the studio and then fuck all with everything else). I'm supposed to be meeting up with a dojo to finalize an additional tai chi class, although the process to get everything ready there has been drudgery at best (but that's a rant for another time). I have my first modeling job in over a month this Friday, with a potential test shoot this weekend.


And then there's the great editing journey with my essay book. It is bloody hard not to skim over it, say, "Good enough!" and submit it. I promised them the end of the month, though, and I can't just half-ass it and pass it in like a high school project. I'm starting to get a little sick of my essays, but, eh, what can you do. That's how the editing process works. Edit and edit and edit again, until you could recite passages in your sleep.


But, again, I love having too much on my plate. I love having to jump from reading this textbook to reading that essay to editing this passage to writing that passage. It's going to be weird, starting up the tai chi classes again, especially since yoga training has taught me what I don't know about teaching physical things to people, but it will be nice to be back in the swing of things again.


The only thing I have to keep in mind is not looking at everything I have to do and going, "Well, let's watch a YouTube video instead." When you have everything to do, the knee-jerk response is usually, "do nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment