Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 338 of 365: Yet Another Idea

I swore I wasn't going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year, especially since I went balls to the wall for the last two, but yet another novel idea has hit me upside the head.


It's in its absolute infancy right now, and, for the most part, it's all background. This usually means I let the idea just swirl around a bit in my head until something more meaty comes to surface. But what happens when November hits?


And thus the problem with being a wannabe-novelist. Each manuscript has been a tiring, daunting, frustrating, and unnerving experience. With each completed manuscript, I felt relieved like a marathon runner crossing the finish line. Each time, I told myself that I'm done writing these 70,000+ word beasts, that I'm going to take a breather and edit and maybe try to sell one.


LOL. Nope.


I won't say much about it, aside from the fact that it will be *sigh* a YA book. But that's only because the character I have in mind is 16. The idea of writing something that could easily be considered YA was enough for me to potentially try to make the character 24 or 25 instead -- only doing so would ruin a few major elements of the story.


So I've got a character, I've got background, I've got events that could serve as a catalyst for the beginning of the story... and that's about it. Yet another idea that is eating away at me, begging me to figure it out to the end.


Well, in some weird way I'm thankful for it. Thanks to this blog, I've gotten used to writing a ton -- probably way too much for my own good. It might be nice to transfer some of this energy into a potential M#4.


Besides, YA is all the sells nowadays, anyway.


So this is one gigantic, "we'll see," when it comes to what the future holds. I might be so exhausted with everything that it'll get the boot until next year. And I might have M#4 on my hands by December. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment