Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 215 of 365: Argentinian By Proxy

My husband and I drove down to Miami yesterday. After wading through the hordes of spring breakers at Miami Beach, we drove just outside of the downtown area to this Argentinian restaurant.  The type of place where they lapse into spanish in the middle of serving you. I don't know what was more enjoyable: the Milanesas and Argentinian-style linguini, or seeing what I could pick up with my slowly-growing Spanish.

I joke that I'm Irish my birth, Argentinian by proxy. I further joke that it's because I have a big butt and, around Latin American people, I feel more at home. Or maybe it's something to do with the culture,  and how it's the opposite of the traditional Irish ways of doing things.

Or maybe I just really like when Spanish and Italian collide like this.  Who knows.  All I know is that I love it and I obviously need to spend more time in Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment