Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 137 of 365: Landing on Your Feet

Yesterday was my last tai chi class at the yoga studio. Come December 21st, they will be closed for good. Most of the teachers will be transitioning over to one of two yoga studios. One studio's business plan was not my cup of tea, to say the least. I hadn't really considered the second yoga studio, if only because it looked like they had a tai chi teacher.


Last week, my current employer told me to give the second yoga studio a call, because the website had never been updated and they hadn't had a tai chi instructor in quite some time. After a few emails, a few phone calls, and a meeting later, I was set for teaching at the studio in the new year.


It feels good to finally have a place to touch down in the new year. With everything constantly being up in the air like it has been, losing the yoga studio made things just that much more chaotic. And it only got worse as I went from place to place, and either got rejected or the runaround. There's still a lot that needs to get sorted out, a lot that needs to be ready in time for the new year, but it's good to finally have a place that, at least for now, I can call my own.


This is a really crappy blog post, but I'm about to drive 12 hours to Ohio, so take it as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment